Tuesday 5 May 2009

First night in the van

I'm visiting my mum for a few days before embarking on the shoot and, I must confess, I really don't much like sleeping in the single bed in the spare room. It's been years since I last had to squish myself into a one-person bed and abstain from writhing around while undertaking a spot of pre-sleep reading, so it seemed an obvious choice to spend my first night in Bertrude while parked in my mum's driveway. The seat folds down (I believe it's known as a rock and roll bed. I've always wanted a rock n roll house so this is a good start) and the whole of the back of the van becomes a double bed.

It was pretty darned cold in there to begin with but the by the time I'd wrapped myself a sleeping bag, a double duvet, added the blanket and a few pillows it could've been December for all I cared. I have little else to report as I swiftly fell asleep and stayed that way for the next nine hours.

2 comments:

KateB said...

I can't believe you're off for four whole months! How did you wangle that? Amazing. We've been looking at your Istanbul pics and they're wonderful. Looking forward to seeing some of S England, though are you allowed to post them?

Diana Jarvis said...

I think I'll probably post pics that aren't from the shoot but describe the shoot...if you see what I mean. I'll have plenty of cameras with me to enable that!!!