Wednesday 27 May 2009

A break from the Bertie pics


A break from the Bertie pics
Originally uploaded by Di Di's Trip pics

While parked at Keyhaven I thought I'd try and make it look less like I was there for the night and more like I had a purpose so I got my tripod out and attempted to take some long exposures. It was bloody cold but the sky looked amazing and the water looked like mercury. This shot has lost a little of the colour contrast it originally had somewhere between photoshop and upload to internet – my failings in understanding optimal colour profiles, no doubt – but you get the idea. So did the late-night fishermen on the quayside who didn't even give me a second glance.

After this shot, I accidentally put it on a 30 second exposure (which I didn't think was really necessary) so I took the opportunity to dance around in front of the camera in my woolly, sheepy 70s coat with the lantern (yes, I did look somewhat like a crazed hippy) until I realised the boats out at sea might think I was a lighthouse (albeit a discolighthouse) so that was the end of that game. I might post that image later if I can dig it out of the archive.

No comments: